Position: Accounting Clerk II
Position number :06.25.2021 II
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Reports to: Controller and senior accountant
Under the administrative direction of the Controller this individual will aid in the daily operations of the business in regard to Inventory, accounts payable, invoicing, and other duties as assigned by the manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Keep financial records and establish, maintain, and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
• Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers, and prepare financial statements.
• Post sales transaction.
• Process and finalize accounts payable process, accounts receivable, payroll and inventory.
• Prepare other statistical, financial, and accounting reports.
• Compile, review, and monitor statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts.
• Calculate the prepare cheques for payroll and for utility, tax, and other bills.
• Use company vehicles for inter office mail and other tasks as directed.
• Prepare and balance period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to bank statements
• Identify and resolve payroll discrepancies
• The incumbent may be required to travel from time to time to different offices or to local banks.
• General customer services, answering phones, emails, and other enquiries.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Strong knowledge and experience of applying financial/accounting processes and practices.
• Strong organizational skills and able to meet deadlines, manage time efficiently.
• Exceptional client services ability.
• Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, high degree of accuracy.
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Well- honed interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with the use of accounting software and MS office.
• Completion of Secondary School is required.
• Coursework in accounting business, business commerce or related field will be considered as an asset.
• Completion of College or other courses certified by the Certified General Accountants Association of Canada, Canadian Securities Institute or Canadian Bookkeepers Association
• This position require works with all departments including in office, Highways divisions and satellite office.
• This position has no independent authority and requires the approval of the senior accountant/ controller for final say.
• Stand or sit for long periods of time and participate in active physical duties.
• Must be able to work independently or with a Team.
The performance of this position requires exposure to industrial areas which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as appropriate footwear, safety glasses, mandatory hearing protection. Industrial areas include hazardous chemicals, fumes, and petroleum by-products. For the most part, exposure is ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Wages for this position are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. North 60 is proud to offer an attractive benefits package to all employees.
Experience in dealing with taxes is an asset.
Experience in the Petroleum industry is an asset.
A valid driver’s License is an asset.
HOURS OF OPERATION: 8AM TO 5 PM ( MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
Please submit all resume to Human resources by fax at 867-633-8841. All internal candidates MUST reference the Posting number in the cover letter or email subject line.
Post Date: 25 June 2021
Close Date for Internal Applicants: 14 July 2021
Close Date for External applicants: Until filled
North 60 Petro LTD. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. North 60 Petro LTD. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. North 60 Petro LTD. promotes a smoke-free workplace and as such, limits smoking at all facilities and is a drug-free workplace