Benefits of Working at North 60 Petro:
Discounted Fuel and Home Heating
100% paid for medical and benefit plans for employee and family
6% matched contributions to pension after Year 1
Annual pay raises
3 Weeks of Paid Vacation in Year 1
NOC Code: 10010
The Controller will oversee the daily operations of the Company’s accounts through account design, implementation, maintenance and management. This position will oversee the daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of all business accounts and manage a small team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collate information and compile monthly reports for Upper Management and Stake holders
- Review Bank Transfers and submit bank report monthly
- Complete all monthly Taxes – YTG, Excise, Carbon & GST
- Complete all quarterly Taxes – YTG, Carbon and IFTA
- Responsible for year-end prep being completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for Audit prep being completed in a timely manner
- Review and reconcile asset accounts monthly
- Summarizing and reconciling accounts for completion of an annual assurance engagement
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Review and completion of data entry to ensure North 60 is operating under ASPE for financial statement presentation
- Check numbers, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper allocations.
- Contribute to improved decision making and drive operational improvement by
identifying trends and conducting financial analyses across all activities.
- Manage the administration team of six to ensure that daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with General Manager to create and adhere to common practices and
standardization to develop best practices.
- Review monthly reports for inventory at all stations, bulk plants and satellite offices
This position works with all departments including office, Highways divisions and satellite offices. Must be able to work independently or with a team. This position also requires a relationship with corporate head office in Anchorage, Alaska and to work with the CFO in Anchorage.
This position requires a lot of independent management and problem solving. The incumbent will from time to time face complex problems demanding solutions that will need to be creative.
- Language Skills
Ability to read and correspond with employees, customers and vendors. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, or service providers. Ability to write and effectively communicate utilizing e-mail. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, customers and vendors to facilitate problem resolutions.
- Physical Demands
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and participate in active physical duties. Must be able to operate company vehicles. Must be able to use computer, telephone and other general office equipment.
- Work Environment
The performance of this position requires exposure to industrial areas which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as appropriate foot wear, safety glasses, mandatory hearing protection. Industrial areas include hazardous chemicals, fumes, and petroleum by-products. For the most part, exposure is ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
- Three (3) years management experience in a service company preferred
- Possess a CPA accounting designation or related experience.
Contact: Please submit resumes to Human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org