Posting Number: 01.08.24
Reports to: Mechanical Foreman
Perks of working at North 60 Petro:
- Discounted fuel at cardlock and home heating
- 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits
- Pension contributions matched after year one to 6%
- Yearly tool and boot allowance
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely operate Company vehicles.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems using hand tools and another specialized automotive repair equipment
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of truck-trailer systems including structural, brake and electrical systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune ups.
- Testing and modifying repaired systems to meet manufacturer’s performance specifications
- Reporting to the Mechanical Foreman regarding work performed and preparing documentation as required
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor before starting, and during, repairs
- Advise Mechanical Foreman on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements; complete a detailed report to record problems and work performed for every time ticket
- Must be able to perform repairs in a timely manner.
- Must attend and participate in safety committees.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Full complement of tools.
- Able to speak, read, write, and comprehend to ensure effective communication with employees and vendors to facilitate problem resolutions.
- Experience working on all makes of on highway commercial vehicles
- Able to work in a team as team player.
- Experience and familiarity with computers and computer software.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of International and supplier / vendors warranty policies
- The successful applicant must possess a Journeyman certificate or Journeyman Truck and Transport Technician.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Drivers License with no current suspensions or charges pending.
- Requires lifting a minimum of 50 lbs. – 75 pounds routinely, 100 pounds occasionally and Push/pull a maximum of 350lbs (with assistance of pallet jack).
The performance of this position requires exposure to industrial areas which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as appropriate footwear, safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. Industrial areas include hazardous chemicals, fumes, and petroleum by-products.
Wages for this position are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. North 60 is proud to offer an attractive benefits package to all employees.
First Aid Certificate is an asset.
Please submit all resume to Human resources firstname.lastname@example.org
All internal candidates MUST reference the Posting number in the cover letter or email subject line.
Post Date: January 08, 2024
Close Date for Internal Applicants: January 15th 2024
Close Date for External applicants: Until filled