POSITION: LINE HAUL DRIVER
Posting Number: 11.07.23LHD
Reports to: Dispatch Manager
Under the administrative direction of the Transport Manager, this individual will aid in the daily operations of the business in regards to Hauling bulk fuels in, out and around the Yukon.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate and drive primarily Super B’s Tractor-trains and Pup Units to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled
- Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain logbooks
- This Position may require individuals to stay overnight away from home on a case by case basis
- Deliver heating fuel to residences and businesses
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices
- May perform emergency roadside repairs
- This position works with all departments including Office, Highways divisions and satellite office. Must be able to work independently or with a Team.
- Language Skills
Ability to read and correspond with employees, customers and vendors. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, or service providers. Ability to write and effectively communicate utilizing e-mail. Ability to communicate effectively with all employees, customers and vendors to facilitate problem resolutions.
- Physical Demands
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and participate in active physical duties. Must be able to operate company vehicles. Must be able to use computer, telephone and other general office equipment.
The performance of this position requires exposure to industrial areas which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as appropriate footwear, safety glasses, mandatory hearing protection. Industrial areas include hazardous chemicals, fumes, and petroleum by-products.
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- A valid Class 1 driver’s License
- Air Brake Endorsement is required
- 100,000 KM of Super B experience preferred
- This position requires regular drug testing- all personnel must be able to pass a DOT drug test
- Must be in excellent physical condition
Wages for this position are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Experience in the Petroleum industry is an asset.
A valid FAST card is an asset
Please submit all resume to Human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
All internal candidates MUST reference the Posting number in the cover letter or email subject line.
Post Date: 11th July 2023
Close Date for Internal Applicants: 11th July, 2023
Close Date for External applicants: Until Filled