POSITION: Petroleum Maintenance personnel
Posting Number: 02.19.21M
LOCATION: Whitehorse, YT
Reports to: Facilities Manager
Under the administrative direction of the Facilities Manager this individual will aid in the daily operations of the business in regards to the preventative/routine maintenance on all North 60 Petro Bulk plants, card locks, Loading racks and service stations, including general building maintenance and repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform routine maintenance of buildings and service stations
• Perform repairs on fuel dispensers and pumps
• Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
• Installations of new process equipment
• Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems
• Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
• Collaborate with workers and other professionals for plant or station upgrades
• Report to facilities manager for operational or maintenance concerns
• This Position may require individuals to stay overnight away from home on a case by case basis
• May perform emergency station repairs
This position works with all departments including Office, Highways divisions and satellite office. Must be able to work independently or with a Team.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 55 lbs pounds routinely. Operate a forklift. Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and participate in highly active physical duties. Must be able to operate company vehicles. Must be able to use computer, telephone and other general office equipment.
Requires walking on varying surfaces, including hazardous and slippery conditions throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to move product. Proper lifting techniques required. Ability to deal with varying levels of heights and small spaces. This position has contact with various fluids and materials and all personnel filling this position must be comfortable in their knowledge of all materials and comfortable working with them.
• Completion of Secondary School is required
• A valid Class 5 driver’s License
• Preference will be given to those with tickets but all equivalent skills levels and experience are welcome to apply
• Must be in excellent physical condition
This position is exposed to all elements; hot, cold, rain, snow, wind, ice and humidity, and the incumbent is expected to work in different adverse weather conditions.
Wages for this position are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. North 60 is proud to offer an attractive benefits package to all employees.
The wage posted is $3.00 less during Probationary Period of 90 days per CA
First Aid Certificate an asset
Please submit all resume to Human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 867-633-8841. All internal candidates MUST reference the Posting number in the cover letter or email subject line.
Post Date: Feb 19, 2021
Close Date for Internal Applicants: Feb 28, 2021
Close Date for External applicants: Until Filled
North 60 Petro LTD. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. North 60 Petro LTD. promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. North 60 Petro LTD. promotes a smoke-free workplace and as such, limits smoking at all facilities and is a drug-free workplace.