POSITION: LINE HAUL DRIVER
Posting Number: 02012024
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Under the administrative direction of the Logistics Manager, this individual will aid in the daily operations of loading and hauling bulk fuels in, out and around the Yukon.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and drive primarily Super B’s Tractor-trains and Pup Units to transport goods and materials over long distances
- Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
- Perform pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and turning signals, brakes and cold storage
- Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled
- Administer bills of lading and electronically maintain logbooks
- This position may require individuals to stay overnight away from home on a rotating/route basis
- Deliver heating fuel to businesses
- Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices
- Willing and able to perform emergency roadside repairs within their scope of knowledge.
- This position works with all departments including Office, Highways divisions and satellite office. Must be able to work independently or with a Team.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and participate in active physical duties. Able to lift 50lb when required.
The performance of this position requires exposure to industrial areas which requires the use of personal protective equipment such as appropriate footwear, safety glasses, mandatory hearing protection. Industrial areas include hazardous chemicals, fumes, and petroleum by-products.
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- A valid Class 1 driver’s License
- Air Brake Endorsement is required
- 100,000 KM of Super B experience preferred
- This position requires regular drug testing- all personnel must be able to pass a DOT drug test and be willing to participate in random tests throughout the year
- Must be in excellent physical condition
- A valid FAST card is an asset
Wages for this position are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Experience in the Petroleum industry is an asset.
Please submit all resume to Human resources at email@example.com
All internal candidates MUST reference the Posting number in the cover letter or email subject line.
Post Date: 2nd Feb 2024
Close Date for Internal Applicants: 9th Feb, 2024
Close Date for External applicants: Until Filled